REDUCING STRESS IN THE WORKPLACE
Stress in the workplace is increasing across all industry groups. The impact of workplace stressors goes beyond the costs of workers’ compensation claims for psychological injury. However, simply examining that particular cost we see general increases in:.
- Rate of unplanned absences
- Other accident and injury records
- Levels of conflict in the workplace
- Use of staff support services
- Dissatisfaction expressed through employee opinion survey
- Workers’ ACC claims
- Loss of valuable staff
UnisonSafety clinically based training addresses the need for early detection of mental distress in the workforce.and is now available in New Zealand. No other current provider will meet the exacting standards set by our proven team.
The one-day workshop is designed for Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers who face to an increasing responsibility to identify and address and act on early signs of mental distress among the workforce.
Key learning outcomes:
- Improved recognition of visual cues relating to psychological injury in others
- A complete understanding of workplace ‘stressors’ and their ability to negatively impact on work sites and teams. Including:
- Improved confidence to intervene with empathy and effect
- Enhanced knowledge of referral (support) agencies plus network support/mentoring
- Thorough understanding of Privacy matter effective disclosure
UnisonSafety has worked for eight year in some of the hardest Fly-in-Fly-out (FIFO) setting in remote Western Australia with long term clients targeting early detection of signs and symptoms of common mental health problems, such as depression and anxiety disorders, and provides practical skills needed to respond and support works. The programs devised and the approaches taken have yielded exceptional results for workers, their families and their communities.
Contact us HERE for more information on our Mental Health for Team Leaders program.